Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Sin

The sunset walks the length of the footbridge,
stalker in a city that seems endless.
Stranger finds something on the ground,
puts it in her pocket, and walks away.

Sitting in the church pew,
looking out the window
through colored fractals. If I could say something to you,
this one word would be mine,
crying and smiling: help.

The late sun casts its long shadow
on my bent knees.

God is with us now,
in the silence that falls so softly
from my mouth,
from my eyes.
Dusk covers my palms
with red, red, red.

There is a dimming mystery
in the darkness.
Night leans in to hold my hand,
touches my back to still my swaying.

Through my wide eyed stare
something crumbles. If God is not with us
his eyes will watch us all
from the shadows--
 
God is with us now, God is with us now, God is with us
now.

 

© 2024. This work is openly licensed via CC BY-NC-ND.

No comments:

Post a Comment